"The Prop" is back !
- The Illini Bass Fishing Club competed against the Illinois State University Lunker Junkies in the annual Battle of 74 and came home with a hard-fought, well deserved victory! Each fall, the Illini and the Lunker Junkies compete for bragging rights as well as "The Prop" in the annual Battle of 74. The tournament was tough but the Illini beat the Lunker Junkies 28lbs to 26lbs. The drop in temperature on that crisp morning was key for the Illini's victory. Each Illini boat brought in at least two bass to the weigh in and created an exciting tournament. Due to the averse weather conditions, Luke Stoner and Quirun Chen ran into several boat problems, which included losing their steering and trolling motor control. However, Stoner overcame all obstacles by catching an 11lb sack and secured the victory for the Illini, which ended the Lunker Junkies two-year reign. With the combined effort of all anglers the Illini were able to seal the victory by a narrow margin. Even with this stellar victory, the Illini are still diligently preparing for the Big Ten Tournament and as always, appreciate every bit of support from our sponsors.
- The Illini Bass Fishing Club narrowly edged out a victory against the Illinois State Lunker junkies in the Battle of 74 and are now setting their sights on the Big Ten Championship!
- Quad Day was a huge success and we enjoyed meeting all the new potential members! Come to one of our first meetings either on Wednesday, August 28th at 7pm or Thursday, August 29th at 6pm in 1066 Lincoln Hall.
- The Illini Bass Fishing Club had a great showing down in Pickwick, Alabama for the Boat U.S. Collegiate National Championship! The team of Joey DiSomma and Matthew Sells took 25th out of 168 teams from across the country!
- Keep our waterways clear of invasive species! Check out our 1980 ranger and also our club member Matthew Sells in this commercial for the Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant.
- Check out the results from our Second Annual IBFC High School Open by clicking on the High School Open Results tab above. It took a weight of 17.73 pounds to win and big bass was 6.75 lbs! Tons of pictures are posted on our Facebook. Thanks to everyone who participated in the event!
- Our 2nd Annual High School Tournament on April 7th was a huge success thanks to our many great sponsors. The anglers weighed in many great fish and walked away with the best equipment money can buy.
- The Illini Bass Fishing Club is also proud to announce our new sponsor Mac's Tackle! Mac's Tackle has been an huge asset to the club in years past and we look forward to developing a long term relationship.
- Our T-shirt order form is down for the time being. We will have a full stock of sizes S-XXL in shortly. Help support our club by following us on Facebook and Twitter @illinifishing and feel free to contact us any time at email@example.com.
A huge thanks goes out to all of our sponsors, Columbia Sportswear, Dobyns Rods , Lake Fork Trophy Lures, Tacklewarehouse, Pure Fishing, Advantage Bait Company, Spro, Rod Glove, Numa Sport Optics, Mac's Tackle, Fishidy, Custom Cast Lures, and Lews for providing our club with the gear that we need to keep on fishing and competing at a high level, we could not do this without them!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
AS ALWAYS KEEP ON FISHING!!